Start Your New Puppy or Kitten Off on the Right Paw at Blum Animal Hospital
When you are the lucky new owner of a puppy or kitten, one of the very first things you need to do is schedule a wellness exam to make sure your new pet is off to a happy and healthy start to a long, love-filled life.
We recommend bringing your new puppy or kitten in at six weeks of age or as soon as you get him or her. At your first check-up, the veterinarians at Blum Animal Hospital will do all of the following:
- Complete physical exam—We will conduct a full exam of your new puppy or kitten to make sure he or she is fit and healthy.
- Create a vaccination schedule tailored to your pet’s needs—Vaccines are an important way to ensure your pet gets off to a healthy start to a long and active life.
- Testing for parasites and de-worming—This is a necessary safety precaution that keeps your pet and your family safe from intestinal infections.
- Provide nutrition recommendation—What to feed your new pet and how much is the right amount.
- Discussion of behavior concerns—We will be happy to answer all questions about behavior and make recommendations for training so that you and your pet will be successful together in your home.
The beginning of your wellness care for your pet may involve several visits to Blum Animal Hospital to ensure that all vaccinations and boosters are current and up to date. After that, we recommend typical young dogs and cats come in for an annual check-up with your veterinarian. Some pets may require more frequent visits if their health indicates such.
Please phone (773) 327-4446 to schedule your first exam today. We look forward to meeting you and your pet!